I guess you know that closet is a dream of every woman since she is a girl. So I decided to create something that will give us a closer view on all dream closets that I could ever find online.
Celebrities have great examples of huge walk-in rooms but I can assure you that simple small closets can be incredible as well. No worries if you still don’t have proper space for storage and organizing your dresses, skirts, fabulous shoes and jewelry.
In this blog I want to show you all ways to beautifully organize your stuff. When I prepared several posts I already found very interesting ideas. I adore easy DIY methods that won’t cost me tons of money.
By the way, my name is Irene. Sorry for not introducing earlier. I am very interested to start writing asap and to share most valuable interiors that I noticed online. So I am interior designer and I finished design courses. It’s not my job, but it’s my passion. This knowledge helps me to see why exactly the room looks nice. I want to share my view on all small and big closets that I found interesting to share it with you.
My social shares can be found on Pinterest, Facebook, Google Plus. I am also registered on Intagram, Tumblr, Stumble, but to tell the truth I have no time to be everywhere. But maybe someday I will be on each network and I will have huge knowledge in interior design to create the blog that will be liked by most of interior lovers.
I’ve specified top points to consider while choosing your dream closet.
Most points can be answered in “Yes/No” manner.
Here are general questions you will need to answer before choosing your wardrobe or storage things.
1. Would it be the closet to store all season clothes?
2. What color would you like to have?
3. How many people will store clothes there?
4. Do you want to decorate it with art?
5. Lamps are a must-have in the closet, so what chandelier or lamps will you use there?
6. Will you store shoes here or you have another place to store them?
7. Can you place the closet space near the window? Natural light will show you if your clothes look neat and if everything fits your style.
8. Would you like to store jewelry in your new closet? It won’t take much space, but you should think about this space in advance.
If you plan to have big walk-in closet you may consider these useful things:
– Place for sitting. It is very convenient when you try on the shoes
– Table for clothes that you choose from or don’t need anymore. You can take them from the table and organize.
- Storage space with doors or not? Closet looks more organized with the doors, but when the space is open it would be easier to find what you need.
– Carpet makes the room more inviting and comfortable. Moreover, when you change your clothes nude floor won’t be nice to your feet.
– Mirror is the first thing you need to buy for your closet. It is better to have a big mirror so that you can see your entire look from top to bottom.
Finally I finished this list of questions. To tell the truth it still looks a bit confusing. So where would I start? I will take the notes when answering the questions.
I already know that I would need to store all my clothes AND shoes in one wardrobe.
To make my closet organized I would need
1. About 10 hangers
2. Big transparent boxes to store my winter clothes
3. Middle boxes to store my shoes and one more box for scarves and hats
4. Inspirational art that will give me confidence and says something like “I’m gorgeous today”
5. Shelf for shoes that I wear daily. I still don’t have it. Shame on me.
What I already have and bought these days:
1. Big mirror with the white frame. How did I live before without it?
2. Storage for all my rings, earrings, necklaces, etc
I dream to have in my closet:
1. A bit of girlish color. Ok, maybe not a bit but when I buy a house I would definitely paint it in coral or something bright:)
2. Nice storage for shoes that won’t be bored in the boxes
3. Lamps in the closet! I don’t need it now, because no light is needed in my shy wardrobe, but I would love to have a lamp in my future walk-in closet.
4. My accessories are well organized but I would like to have them beautifully hanging.
That’s it. It’s just a closet, but I wouldn’t say that. It’s the space of dreams, beauty and true life.
If my boyfriend reads this he would laugh, gently saying that it’s cute and completely crazy.
Girls, we are the queens in this world!
Have a shiny day!